Monday, February 12, 2018

Mail It Monday - Pocket Letters

Happy Mail It Monday! Let's start the week off on a positive note by mailing a card, or two, or twenty, to people who are special in our lives! We all know how wonderful it feels to get happy mail, spread the love today!

Today I have a special guest with a fantastic and gorgeous idea! The idea of a pocket letter has been around for some time. They are a clever way to send something special in the mail. I know you will love this idea and will be totally inspired by the amazing, Wanda Guess!
Hi everyone! It's Wanda Guess and I'm so excited that Kimberly invited me to join her to talk about Mail it Monday this week. For some time I have been in love with the 'Pocket Letter' concept. I finally made one at Christmas time, and now I'm hooked on making them! Today I'm sharing a fun, colorful, crafty themed Pocket Letter! Perfect for sending to your crafty friends.

Basically, a pocket letter is a letter with pockets! You use a trading card plastic sleeve, and each pocket has a different item inside: sequins, stickers, paper, whatever you like! Then, when the letter is done, it folds in thirds and fits into a business envelope for mailing. People make all kinds of beautiful pocket letters and you can get inspiration from searching for them on Pinterest or Instagram. So fun, right? The trading card sleeves are inexpensive - I get mine at The Container Store, but they have them at any office supply store. 


One great (and easy) thing to use for Pocket Letters is the large 12x12 paper sheets that come in paper collections. The ones that already are divided into sections for Project Life, etc. Trim them to size! I also love using sequins and stickers. Anything you have on hand in your craft room will work. 

I use my We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool to seal the pockets with the sequins inside. I also like to create little accents to clip onto my Pocket Letters. To do this, use a plastic sleeve and your Fuse Tool to make any shape. For this project I free hand 'drew' a heart with my Fuse Tool and put some pretties inside. To finish it off, I use matching washi tape along the left edge to tie the whole project together. In this case I used some aqua/gold chevron washi tape. 

The only thing to remember? Have fun with it! Whoever gets these in the mail is sure to be happy and excited to receive such a treat! It's Mail It Monday! Thank you Kimberly, for inviting me to be part of the fun. XOXO
The papers are all from these two collections: Echo Park I'd Rather Be Crafting and Pebbles Girl Squad


Wow! Wow! Wow! What a fun idea! I could see adding stickers, tea bags, gift cards, stamped images, and more to those pockets! Imagine all the fun things you could find to mail a friend! Thank you so much, Wanda! Be sure and visit A Blog Called Wanda for more!

Sincerely Yours,



3 comments:

Helen Gullett said...

What a fun and inspiring post today!
I used to make and swap pocket letter last year,
but have not yet done anything this year.
Thanks for sharing this beautiful pocket letter.

donna mikasa said...

I've always wanted to make a pocket letter--yours is so pretty!
Thanks for the inspiration, Wanda!

Kelly Griglione said...

I must have been under a rock?! Have not heard of pocket letters, but they look so
Fun!!! Love this idea, love Wanda, and love that you shared this! ��

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...