Saturday, November 4, 2017

Envelope Envy: using stencils and ink


There are so many possibilities with Envelope Envy! I am seriously smiling while I sit down and stamp and create with this kit! Always something new to add beautiful touches to my envelopes.


I started the envelope off with a liner. I die cut the Stormy Seas polka dotted paper and placed it inside. I have found that adhering the top only, makes the envelope close better. Plus, the bottom of the paper isn't going anywhere when it is tucked inside. Apply the adhesive to the top of the flap, tuck it in, matching the liner score line and the envelope score line. Fold the envelope closed, press on the adhesive, and done.

FYI: Video tutorials are coming soon. Lots of them. Once I get back on my feet from my surgery. I love to teach, and share with you, so stay tuned.


The flower border stamp looks sweet in one color. To add a little accent to the center, I used a Fantastix ink tool to apply a little ink. (Its basically an ink pad rolled into a stick. Comes in a rounded and pointed tip. From Tsukineko. I will link you up at the bottom of the post.)

Simple stamped image that adds a nice finish!


More faux postage, because, how can you not? Its so cute!!! :D Oh, and check out that gold seal. So fun!


Here is my favorite part of this envelope, hands-down. The stenciling. I placed the hugs stencil on the flap with repositionable adhesive. I inked over it with Terracotta Tile ink. Going gently, to keep the stencil in place. Then I stamped over the entire flap with the small flower from the stamp set. Same color ink. I kept the stencil in place too, to make the background more impressive. How much would you smile when you saw this envelope? :D


Sincerely Yours,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...